We would like to improve localization of Customer Reviews plugin to different languages and invite everyone to take part in the Translation Challenge.
- The Translation Challenge will help to translate the plugin into as many languages as possible.
- Those who complete the Translation Challenge will be awarded with a lifetime Pro license for the plugin!
How to complete the Translation Challenge?
- Make sure that the plugin is not yet fully translated to your language. Here is a list of all languages and status of translations: https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/customer-reviews-woocommerce/.
- Translate at least 900 strings in the "Stable (latest release)" project.
- Reach out to WordPress Translation Editors to get your translations verified and approved.
- After your translations have been checked and approved, create a ticket here and send us a link to your translations.
- Congratulations, you have completed the challenge! We will award you with a Pro license key for the plugin.
Translation process step by step
Here are further details about the process of translating the plugin. We will use Greek language as an example but steps for other languages are similar.
- For example, the plugin is not yet translated to Greek: https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/customer-reviews-woocommerce/, so let us proceed with the translation.
- Let us click on the language name and go to the page with Greek translations.
- Here we are interested in "Stable" projects only. So, let us click on "Stable (latest release)".
- On the next screen, we will be presented with a list of strings to translate. Double click on the cells next to original strings to add translations.
- After we completed the translations, they will be in 'Waiting' status. Now, they need to be reviewed and approved by Translation Editors. Here is how to ask Translation Editors to review our translations: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/translating/after-your-contribution/. For most languages, it will be necessary to join their Slack channel to connect with the Translation Editors.
- As soon as the translations are approved by the Translation Editors, the Translation Challenge is completed!
Official WordPress translation documentation
WordPress team have published the official guidance about translating plugins: